Wednesday, May 31, 2006

humor Vs sentiments

I happened to read Sidin’s interview on one of the sites while browsing; its’ quite interesting to find a guy who is an IIM-A pass out and who left a decent job to take “writing” as a full time profession!! Since then I have been visiting his blog. One fine day I randomly jumped to another blog via Sidin’s blog and have become a big time fan of this chap called Abhinav! I really admire people who have a good sense of humor and my admiration grows all the more when they can map their “sense of humor” into words!! This guy seems to be just too good at it…everytime I am pissed off from this place called “office” or when work stops fascinating me (not that I am fascinated by it at any point of time!), I simply read this blog and end up giggling!!


When I read Abhinav’s blog, I was forced to think about the content on my blog and I was astonished to find out that the whole stuff on my blog was so “senti” and “nostalgic”!!! I had/ have no intentions what so ever to compare any two blogs; only that I was a bit surprised on this discovery! Most of the people who know me are aware about my humorous side, and what surprised me was not even one tiny tweety bit of it was present in my blog!! Somewhere I realized that each time I had scribbled something on my blog was at an instance when I was too full of nostalgia and emotions and found my blog as the best place to vent out those emotions…only on such occasions the “dormant writer” in me wakes up!! I always believe that each one of us has a unique way of letting out our emotions; I happen to pour it out in words too full of sentiments and nostalgia managing with my limited, restricted writing skills and vocabulary…people like Abhinav, on the other hand happen to vent it out in the funniest possible combination of words!!! As far as my sense of humor is concerned, I happen to use it with myself and people around…and most importantly I find myself handicapped in mapping my Sense of Humor with my writing skills…very much unlike Abhinav! Maybe someday, I’ll write something “humorous”…at the end of day your blog is the space to write whatever you feel like, its’ not about writing good or bad; its’ just about putting your thoughts, perceptions, ideas at some place that you own…

3 comments:

Circumspect observer trying to be one handed economist said...

Lady, next time please do put the link to Abhinav's blog!

Circumspect observer trying to be one handed economist said...

still waiting, even after reminding you to put the link here!!!

Circumspect observer trying to be one handed economist said...

HELLO!!! WAKE UP AND PASTE THE DAMN LINK!!!