Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Teacher's Day!!!

Its’ Teacher’s Day today…talked with mom in the morning…Wishing the teacher of my life…I owe my mom everything for what I am today...Thanks Ma for being there…

T
oday I remember all my teachers…in schools, colleges…and grab a chance to thank them ….on a frank note…I always feel that my school teachers left a greater impact on me as compared to the ones in my college…from Mohatkar ma’am…my first teacher…going onto Meena ma’am…I used to be shit scared for her but only later I realized that things were different…Deshmukh ma’am…one of the simplest beings I could ever remember…Gaikwad ma’am…one of my favourite teachers and one of the most lovable teachers I remember…. Mahurkar ma’am…I owe my decent knowledge of grammar and English Language to her…..Khare ma’am…a teacher for whom the students had no other choice but to respect her…and Shidhore ma’am…the teacher who’s responsible for me leaving my Mathematics Phobia behind and take that as my major subject!!! And a special mention for Upadhyaya Sir whose love for teaching could be seen in all his actions…we used to go to him to learn Physics…in the 2 years I went to him never do I remember a single instance when he asked for his “fees” and even taught students who were not so well off financially without taking any fee…Then there were Sister Secily, Sister Isabella, Sister Francisca and Sister Dalphin ( I studied in Covent School…and we used to call the nuns as “Sisters”….I guess now you got that!!! )who are responsible for teaching me all the discipline, etiquettes and manners after my mom…

Almost all of them are and will always be special to me and will remain close to my heart…

Last but not the least…I remember a couple of teachers who never deserved to be one…the teachers who actually had a complete negative impact not only on me but also on many other students…but then I still owe them a “Thank You” because only their depressing words kept me going whenever I felt like taking a break…


Today…I remember all my teachers…and trying to do my bit by teaching the kids at the Victoria Memorial School…this is my way of saying “Thank You”…and to end it all...to the volunteers of VMS...Happy Teacher's Day!!!

1 comment:

Abhi said...

Its nice to see people remembering their teachers in this MTV generation era . I cant even thank my teachers ,coz I hardly saw them. Most of the time I dint come to class , and when I did , they asked me to leave .Never could share a healthy relation with the teachers community.