Monday, February 09, 2009


The last time I spoke to Sunita was on Wednesday and was pretty relieved to know that her mum’s been tested negative for cancer…I told her to take some rest herself and that I’ll be calling her in a day or two…the next four five days went by quickly…work at office, planning out my action items after release from the project, attending a colleague’s wedding, sort of a farewell lunch for me over the weekend. I tried calling Sunita once but it didn’t go through. As a normal reaction, I thought of trying after sometime…and that sometime happened to be today…just messaged her to check when she’s gonna be back in office and how well is her mom responding to the medication...after sometime I got a reply from Sunita “My mother passed away early on Thursday”. I was just numb…didn’t know what to say. I have been feeling like a jerk for not calling Sunita since the last four days! Not that my call would have changed anything, but…I dunno…I have seen death very closely but each time it upsets me to the core…the eventuality of losing your loved ones someday suffocates me...For all those who are reading this post, feel lucky if you are with your parents…and for those who aren’t, just call them up to say you love them and you miss them…nothing else will make them feel happier!

No comments: