Thursday, October 12, 2006

endless race...

Its’ been quite sometime coming to the workplace has become an ordeal for me…I am finding myself void of opportunities to learn and grow…that’s what I think…each day I come here, talk to the people up in the hierarchy about my concerns. The best part is all of them have time to listen to me and a decent understanding about my concerns but the worst part is nothing is being done about it.

Yesterday I happened to talk to one of my close friends. She is flying onsite next month, and I am really happy for her! She was struggling for it for the past 5-6 months…but there was something in our conversation that hit me real hard…suddenly she broke down and told me about her fear of going away from her family, her boyfriend, her friends…she was afraid of losing it all….it struck me so hard that what are we running after!!? I was forced to think why I get upset after coming to the office? Why I am complaining about the people around for not doing anything? What is it exactly that I want people to do? Aren’t we just running an endless race…running after something which even we don’t know…running just for the sake of it….

Isn’t it all about priorities!? One can’t get everything at the same time…he has to chose one from many…once that’s achieved…he runs after the other….and it goes on and on and on…I just thought about the many people I know and was amused that each one of them is after something…one wants a better job with a bigger salary…another wants a change in job but can’t get one…reason being his current package is SO huge that the other companies can’t afford him!! One is in the USA but feels sad being away from home and friends….another going to USA after a long struggle but now apprehensive about going there…still another who’s not even sure if at all she wants to leave her country…one tensed about not getting married…another crying for getting married so early that she couldn’t “enjoy” her life….one cribbing about not having a boyfriend…another tensed about the future with his girlfriend….the list is endless….

At the end of these string of thoughts all I am left with is “amusement”….life is so simple and we make it so complicated…. those 10 bucks as pocket money seemed so big an amount when we were kids…and today after earning thousands of rupees…what we crave for is MORE!! Prioritizing is necessary most of the times…but then a line needs to be drawn somewhere….or else we’ll keep on running after the unknown and the next second…life is gone…over….!

Life’s not just about running…craving for more….its’ also about being happy for what we have…stopping and enjoying the moments…making memories for us and for others…trying to be there for the people we love and care…may each one of us achieve what we want and feel content and happy about it….Amen...

4 comments:

Circumspect observer trying to be one handed economist said...

Hey sweetie, you seem to be totally done-in by the office politics and frustrations that we face every day. I think most of the people who could remain sane in these conditions do ponder over these things and wonder what are we running after.

At the end all that matters is whatever we do, we should enjoy it. So that tomorrow we could look back at it and smile ;-) and feel good.

Circumspect observer trying to be one handed economist said...

I know a few ppl who make a fuss about a lot of things too, there is this girl who is so sweet, but she always worries about the future when all she should be doing is to enjoy life and realize what she means to everyone around her...

Ritu said...

hmmmm...

ketki said...

frustration oozing out!