Friday, October 06, 2006

Just like that!!

Yesterday I didn’t come to the office…reason…”just didn’t FEEL like”….and I was so happy doing it….sometimes its’ necessary to do certain things just because you “just” feel like doing them…without thinking about the WHYs, WHATs, WHENs and HOWs!!! It was high time I did something just like that!! And it felt GR8…u bet!!! I was remembering one of my friends’ who used to come up with a “surprising WHY” whenever I did something out of the blue…and ended up being amused at my answer…”mann kiya to kar diya!!” (felt like doing so did”)….
I was zapping channels yesterday when came across some documentary on “giving your brain some rest through meditation”…and all I ended up was “wondering”!! is it actually possible to void your brain from all the thoughts at an instance…I mean its’ hard to think about a case when your brain isn’t thinking about “anything”!! I can never relate to this concept…some stuff ought to go in your mind whatever crap it may be…shifting your thoughts from one topic to another…accepted….but making your mind empty of thoughts…naaaah!!! One of my friend’s used to always wonder as to “how much I can think!!” but it isn’t that hard for me:) maybe he can find it easier to void his mind of thoughts…as for me…I’ll try someday…but it sounds so boring to “not” think about “anything”…!!

3 comments:

Circumspect observer trying to be one handed economist said...

Not thinking about anything, I don't think meditation is not about not thinking at all. Its about releasing the tension in your mind by not focussing on different things at once. Its about letting go of thoughts one by one. And I'm sure its not easy.

You can contact Nandan garg for more info ;-)

As for me, its more that a waste of time, its waste of my precious little brain!

Ritu said...

hehehee..!! me with you...i can do and think better things than "meditating"!!!

;)

vijaya said...

To think about not thinking :) Now there's a Catch-22 :P

Some food for (ahem) thought, eh?

:)