Sunday, August 26, 2007

I was in Chicago downtown the day before...just spending some time there before I leave this place...Chicago downtown is few of the better downtowns I have seem so far...I like being there...m gonna miss this place....I was just roaming around the place and saw Barnes and Noble...cudn't stop myself from getting inside the shop...and there I went in...and behaved like an uncontrollable moron! I do that every time I see books all around me...Schaumburg Library is another place that handles my hyper behaviour! :) I just kept on picking books one from each aisle I walked through...only after I had some 10-12 odd books with me, I realized that I won't be able to buy all of those...and somewhere the child inside me got really sad:( I placed all the books back to their places with a heavy heart...and picked ONLY ONE book to take with me...the book's "Send in the Idiots" by Kamran Nazeer...I had to read this one since a long time...I came out of BArnes n' Noble smiling having done something good for the day...and went ahead to do something better...I walked a couple of blocks and placed myself comfortably in Starbucks on a couch (near the window) with my Cappucino (with Hazelnut, Grande') and a big piece of blueberry coffee cake and enjoying my book! GAWD I enjoyed the whole thing just as a kid enjoys his icecream (one in each hand)!! It was something I hadn't done for quite sometime....nothing would have made me feel better....u bet! BAck in Mumbai, I used to often goto CCD at Bandra and enjoy my coffee, my book and the sea in the front...this is one the best ways I spent time alone...and I love doing it...As for the book...its' a real good one...do read it when u get time...I just came upstairs after reading near a small lake near my apartment...thats another of my favourite places to read a book...I am done halfway...just waiting for this song to complete before I get back to my book....do listen to "maula mere le le meri jaan" from Chak de India...its' a very soothing song...at least makes me feel at peace....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

matlab tune akele hi dracula coffee piya

atlee said...

awesome post!...
a terrific read about the moods of reading...

I hope and pray tht u read only when alone ;)