Thursday, April 10, 2008

life is beautiful...

There are times when you feel really really low, depressed, sad....evrything around seems meaningless...all you feel like doing is crying out...and you know that there's absolutely no reason for doing that...but thats something you just feel like and there's nothing wrong in just doing what you feel like...ain't it..!?!and to put an icing on the cake, you don't know the reason for this mess...for me...I know the reason..."hormones at work"...one of those days that make you feel pathetic!! just a biological phenomenon...nothing more...nothing less...all that you need is to pull yourself up and "DO" something...sitting, thinking just helps to worsen the situation...and hello! why on the earth am I writing all this!! The reason is simple enough...I am "doing" something...after pulling myself up...the weather's really nice out here...the songs are one of my "all time favorites"...Hazaron Khwahishein Aisi...there's something about the songs that just soothes me completely...now when I sit here and think about the state I was in fifteen minutes back...all I do is smile...I then realize the sadly funny part of all of us, somewhere deep down in each one us is a compulsive self obsessed creature...My wishes, My concerns, My problems, My sorrows, My life, My life's story, and the list never ends...when I see myself in this state from a third person's perspective, I feel so low and shallow...I am on the verge of losing my self respect...but never lose it...'coz each time I find myself in this mess, I just pull myself out of it....look at myself from the eyes of a person who has problems bigger than mine.. sorrows greater than mine...challenges more serious than mine...and all that remains is a guilt inside of being so self obsessed...self centered comforted by a feeling of thankfulness to God who has blessed me with such a lovely life ....parents that are too great to be expressed in words...family that has stood by me always, friends who are some of the most wonderful people I have met, ability to be independent socially and financially, experiences that have made me a better person than what I was, and maturity to understand all these things and then I promise myself of not falling in this trap very often and whenever I am into this mode, then thinking the same each time...

My life is a beautiful song,
so what if I am not that great a singer to sing it along,
melody of this song is so eternal and beautiful,
that even my "not so melodious" voice manages to make it meaningful...

3 comments:

Will said...

Hey Ri2,
Again, I was compelled to comment after reading this blog. Even I went through the same state of mind, some 2 yrs back. I still could never figure out the reason through. But I also suspect this happens especially when ur not connected with family and friends for long time. Even though I was with family but friends were not there. I even remember writing one of the blogs similar to what u ve written, when I was feeling this (I dont know what to call it as)!
Abhay.

atlee said...

Rituji...
kal tak to acchi bhali thi...

acchi bhali to ab bhi hai...

u are the best writer in senti stuff...but keep the sentiments only for the blog...not for reallife..

neha2go said...

When I feel the same way the only thing that can revive me out of the ridiculous frustration is cleaning!! :D Not as good and talented vent as your writing but eh!!...watever saves me from that nervous breakdown ;)