Monday, November 10, 2008

falling in love again...with Mumbai!!

Last week was one the best weeks I’ve had after coming to India….especially after coming to Chennai!! All family getting together at Bhai’s place… felt good…still remember Bhai as that stupid little kid who was supposed to hold my hand wherever we used to go…markets, b’day parties, picnic …and suddenly you realize that kid brothers are no longer kid brothers…they are grown up adults…and then BANG!! You realize that you have grown old! Moreover when you celebrate your 28th b’day with everyone around younger than you; the realization is nothing but stronger! Wearing a b’day cap or cutting a cake or people around putting icing on your face do not hold good enough to make you forget that you are growing old…GOSH! I sound so old!! J but I did feel this…not that my 28th b’day will make me stop doing certain things, but there’s no harm to accept your age! Isn’t it!?
But apart from turning 28, the week had lots more in its’ kitty! Nothing can make you feel better than a big family get together!! Mum n’ dad…uncle n’ aunt…grandma n’ grandpa all around…you actually don’t do anything specific; but just being with them is something you can cherish anytime! And just to put an icing on the cake, my vacation was concluded with a trip to Mumbai!! Aamchi Mumbai!! And believe me, I fell in love with that place…all over again!! Most of the times, I get pretty nostalgic about Mumbai…great city, greater friends, memories…all are a part of the nostalgia…but this time, it was just about “being in Mumbai”…I just felt so much at home! My love for Dewas/ Indore will always remain…for the mere fact that my family’s there, I have grown up there…but my affair with Mumbai is on a completely different plane it seems! All the while I was travelling in Mumbai, I had this subtle smile on my face…not because I was nostalgic, the smile owed only to a mere fact that I was in “Mumbai”!! Sheenu was finding it really funny to see me in this form where after every 15 minutes, half an hour I repeated “I love Mumbai”! maybe I was going overboard but that was how I felt! Infact, m seriously thinking to find a Mumbaite ;) but apart from all these things, I had much more important reasons to be in Mumbai and be happy about it…Neha and Sunny’s engagement was one the best things I have ever been a part of…!! It looked just SO destined! There are times when your heart is so happy and content…when all your doubts about “love”…about “finding the right person” take a backseat…when your heart is least bothered about the heartbreaks you’ve had…Neha-Sunny’s engagement was one such moment for me…watching them together makes you believe in love, gives you the courage to fall in love again…yet another time…! I owe a special thanks to Sheenu this time, for being a link to connect me and Neha, and then Neha connecting me with Sunny, Atul, Neha’s family, Sunny’s mum!! At times with so many amazing people around, you just feel lucky…but my connection with amazing people in Mumbai has been an old story…this trip was a combination of both…nothing makes you feel better than catching up with old pals…meeting my Sanu popat was one such thing…!! I met her after almost two years; and the best part was…when we met and hugged each other, it never felt as if it was after two years! That’s the most beautiful thing a friendship can ever have!! Picking it up from the same point you had left…I love ya Popat…and I miss ya! But I know certain things would never change…and I pray they don’t…Amen!! Its’ been almost a week I came back to Chennai and I am still in the Mumbai hangover and its’ pretty obvious! I am trying to get back to my “Yeppedierkinga” mode for sometime at least (‘coz I know its’ only for sometime!) ;) as for my heart…it’ll always be with my home Dewas/ Indore and my second home aamchi Mumbai!! :D

1 comment:

MJ said...

good to see u back blogging.. :)

mumbai is mumbai..

for some its a proper noun.. for people who are or have been a part of it, its an adjective describing home.. :)