Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday alone in Chennai...not a very good idea!

After spending the whole of Saturday in the office, I was looking forward for a nice Sunday…and then the question popped…Anyone around?!? The answer was pretty much anticipated…”NO”! I haven’t spent many weekends in Chennai…mostly I am in B’lore @ bhai’s place or else Sheenu was here…this Sunday, for a change, neither was I in B’lore nor was Sheenu around…Forget about finding a soul in Chennai with whom I could have enjoyed DOSTANA (all my friends are watching it and calling me!!!), I couldn’t think of anyone around with whom I can just sit around over a coffee and have a nice conversation!! Miss my starbucks’ days!!
Then I thought of hanging around in the market to get something for Chunnu’s wedding…but didn’t find anything good other than Kanjivaram Sarees!! Don’t be surprised if you see me in my denims in Chunnu’s wedding!! :D finally I was so @#$%#%*$#%*# that I decided to do something that won’t fail in any case, and so I just went to a bookshop and spent my Sunday there…this was one of the wisest things I did yesterday! The next wise thing was buying a couple of books…nothing could have made me feel better…! I came back to my room after spending almost 3-4 hours in the book store just to see my roomie watching some Tamil movie with a volume that was good enough to be heard by our neighbors!! I really don’t mind that…neither do I have any presumptions about it, but just that its’ going overboard these days…or maybe I am on the verge of losing my patience…haven’t reached the final stage though….!! After reading for some more time, I tried my phonebook…conversations over the phone are not that bad either…but ALAS!! All possible scenarios came up which prevented this from happening…either people were not reachable, or there was no reply, or they were busy with some family function, or they were busy watching movies, or sleeping in US!! I cannot blame them for any of these things…at the end of the day, the only thing that came to my mind was Atul’s post when he was trying to figure out someone from his huge group of friends to spend a weekend with…mine was a similar case yesterday…maybe a bit worse than that…unlike Atul, I do not remember how many people I have on my friend’s list on ORKUT, but I do remember that’s a decent number…but most of them are more of my acquaintances than friends…(if not, they would have turned into acquaintances by now…c’mon! its’ been ages I have logged into ORKUT!!) Also, I have a pretty limited number of people I usually speak on the phone these days…which made the chances of me getting engaged on the phone still meager…I was kinda frustrated yesterday (which I seldom am)…was wondering about it when my friend said,” you need to be frustrated at times…else you get habitual to things that frustrate you…” all I did after hearing that was “smile”….there was another reason for me to smile…after a LONG time I behaved like normal person and got frustrated of being alone…!

4 comments:

neha2go said...

am sorry sweety...missed your call....am glad u feel the need to be around people finally!!jaldi se wapas aaja..starbucks is waiting for u..and so am I....

Shabbir said...

Tanhaaiiiii....With this song playing in the background while you were going through the numbers in your contact list,the plot for my new skit would be ready.....I seriously hope that was roomie finds out abt your blog incase if she doesn't know abt this one:-)...May be she will mend her ways....gifting yourself a book is indeed the wisest thing to do...What surprises me is that a supercool girl like u is longing for good company...where are the guys in Chennai!!

BrownPhantom said...

Hi Ritu,
Comment ko follow karte huye yahan pahucha. Tu bangalore bhi aati rehti hain?? Giveme a call next time; let's catchup :). Number Rohan ke pass to hona chaiye mera. Chal ab tera blog padhta hun :).

Ritu said...

@Shabbir: even I am wondering...WHERE THE HELL ARE ALL GOOD GUYS IN CHENNAI!!?? ummm....wait a minute...are there any?? ;))