Monday, January 29, 2007

I have reached Chicago!

After the first day in the office, here I am sittng at home listening to "yeh jo des hai tera..."and getting nostalgic about everything....finally getting a chance to write down things...so many of them on my mind...

I reached Chicago on Saturday...all my way of that 18 hours' flight....I used to peep out of the window looking at the clouds n' pinching myself if i was dreaming...c'mon I deserve to feel this way...my first trip in the air made me feel amused!! but 18 hours were just too much at one go...it was getting onto me at the end of it....but yes I was amused....amused at the fact that an ordinary girl from a small town is experiencing this...not that its' that big a deal...but for me...yes it is...for many reasons to mention....at one corner of my heart I was crying...crying to leave the most important people of my life behind....leaving my country and goign to another place...but then again i never wanted to miss that opportunity especially when it had just come to me out of the blue!!
:))
at the end of everything all I feel is Amused!!

another big reason for me to get excited about was meeting my Chunnu!! after so long...! she had come over to pick me up....a friend's presence in a new place...a new country....means a lot!!
my weekend went great! chunnu ensured that it goes great! I started my stay in Schaumburg with the snowfall!! whtta scene mann!! all white around!!its' chilling out here... then I visited a temple...Hari Om Mandir...and it was the "Bhandara" day!! so had prasad in the mandir n' guess what ....the prasad included "COKE"....only to make me realize that I was in US's temple...!!:))

things are very different here...the way of life....the way of thinking...the behaviour...feels good to experience a new culture...something good n' something bad about it...! but the worst part is when you see people from ur land changing upside down aftr coming here....I still am unable to figure out what makes people change their self...their behaviour...their way of thoughts...is it the money, or the insecurity....or its' just another way to capture some attention....whatever it is...its' wierd....absolutely wierd...


I am still unable to figure out if I am feeling good or I am feeling sad...its' soemthing like...

"Everything around here is so fine...but then everything around here is not mine..."

no pollution, no poverty, all money, cleanliness, discipline...so many things to feel good about...but at the end of day I don't belong here...I belong to my India...my land....my country...I don't mind staying here and get a feel of things n' people...its' an experience worth cherishing about!! but at the end of day I wanna go back to India...bole to "Mera Bharat Mahan!!!"
n' yeah I am still listening to "yeh jo des hai tera..." I loved it...n' now I love it all the more...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oye Motu.. good to know that you reached safely. Take care of yourself.
U know one more similarity.. if I come there again that wud be my first trip by air;)

We are so much alike.
Love u.
Miss u lots.
Take Care

ravptor said...

Welcome to America!

And trust me... after a while, U ll start crying when u listen to such patriotic songs...

All the best!

Anonymous said...

you landed here at the worst time of the year..weather wise. Anyway hope you enjoy US. its been a little over 9 yrs since i been to india ..mera dilli (came here when i was 13). Change is inevitable and everything changes with time. the people you met or came across, if they seem different thats cuz of the environment and their surroudings.

ok b4 i get too senti..take care